Sunday, December 16, 2007

Chanel Has Gone Green

I've never really liked the idea of riding a bike. When I was six, I thought it was cool, it was very "big kid", and of course, at six years old, I was a big kid. I thought it was cool, that is, until I did not remember where the brakes were and crashed into a tree. Mind you, I was going down hill so I wasn't exactly going slow. My second bad experience was on a bike ride with my dad and older brother. My brother told me to stay still, so I did, and he came racing towards me, meaning to stop only inches away while I stood there in fear. Yes, that's what he intended to do. However, he did not stop in time and ended up crashing into me. So me and bikes don't exactly have the best history.

But during the summer, I saw a girl riding around with a pink new-vintage (oxymoron?)bike that was utter perfection. She looked so chic riding around town that she made me want give bike riding another try. Well, someone else must have got the memo that bike riding is chic because Chanel has come out with a bike which retails for around $9000.



I think I was shocked as you, why the hell is Chanel designing a bike? They do fashion not transportation. But going green seems to be more chic then the Balenciaga Motorcycle bag. And if you are going green, why not go all the way? Ditch your car hybrids and ride around on the most fashion forward bike I have ever seen. Note: It is the only fashion related bike I have ever seen.

3 comments:

bellanatella said...

I've seen a Paul Frank bicycle before. Believe it or not, they're more common than you think.

Ana said...

ouch

i do bike a lot though while wearing fashionable clothes when im in europe cause it soo common there. ive seen ladies with five inch hot pink stilettos just biking along

wow that chanel bike....

Anonymous said...

There is also a Cynthia Rowley bike, which is absolutley adorable! They have it in I think three different colours, and they have little flowers on them. Very very cute!