Friday, January 25, 2008

Out of the Primarys


Bright colors always seem to be big for spring, and it's always labeled as a trend. While these colors are usually reserved for spring/summer, I think they should no longer be classified as a trend and take the step to spring basic. They aren't quite a staple item, but give it a few years and the odds are in our favor. I have always been a grey girl the one who reaches for her trusty boring colors with the label of chic but more and more I find myself reaching for color. I think it brings out the quirky side of me, and letting me act my age a bit more. We are only young once, right? I mean, I can't see my grandmother walking down the street wearing a lime green skirt and have it look hip. (Side note: I actually did see a grandmother wear neon in an attempt to look cool. The result? Well, let's just say, it wasn't what she was aiming for!)

While, I will be adding more color into my wardrobe I am desperately trying to maintain a sophisticated vibe. No easy feat, considering hot pink screams that of immaturity, that or a mid-life crisis, and lets just hope I'm not half way done with my life at only 16 years of age. The easy way out would be adding punches of colors through accessories, and this has always been my route of choice but not this time because this time I will be pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are cute! Love you blog<3