Monday, January 21, 2008

I Have A Dream

Since today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, I thought I would do a post about the fashion of 1963, the same year Mr. MLKJ delivered is famous "I Have A Dream" speech, as my way of thanking him of giving me the day off (and for the path of change he carved for us).



1963 was the year of the little nothing; understatement was the key in everything. The well-bred look was the look to strive for, and if jewels were not real, they were simply not worn. Unless, of course they were small, perfect replicas, that way no one would ever know they were in fact not the real thing. The look was slim and towny, worn with upswept hair day and night. Make-up was very pale with the exception of strongly emphasized eyes.



Wow, 1963! Everything about it sounds like utter perfection except the upswept hair-do's. Natural, long wavy hair is so pretty why waste it away in a bun? The eye make-up is that of my favorite kind, I love for the eyes to be the focal point of a pretty face preferably with several coast of mascara. And wouldn't it be a miracle if everyone stopped wearing fakes! I think I would die and go to heaven.

2 comments:

Riley said...

very cute idea! i dont think i even would have thought about doing a post like this today.. :)

The Stylish Wanderer said...

I completely agree about the fakes thing. Why buy more cheap stuff if you could save up and buy one REAL thing that is gaurenteed not to break. if only.