Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rules Are Meant To Be Broken Anyways


I have always been an advocate for dressing for your body type; pass on the trends that do nothing for you. Let it pass while you are in the background doing what works best for you.

Well, screw that because I want a MAXI-DRESS!


I know at 5'2" it is impractical for me to even considering wearing such a dress.But I am starting to think that Stacy and Clinton have been mistaken all these years because it can be done (as shown). Of course, it takes a some careful mathematical planning; balancing the perfect amount of accessories, shoe selection ect ect. But nonetheless it can be done, and somehow I will wear one.

Side Note: I really wish they had chosen a different name for the particular style of a dress because I always think of maxi-pads when I hear the term maxi-dress. It's rather annoying.

9 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Look at miss Ritchie...she looks awesome..so I def think at a height of 5'2 you will still pull it off nicely,...so funny because I just posted today about the H&M maxi dress (so hot and so cheap...and also sold out!)....guess it really is all about the maxi dress this season...and yes, it IS weird name... :s

Ashleigh said...

Sure...I would love to trade links...I'll put you in my links list and you can add me too.. its rantingsofafashionaddict.blogspot.com ..hope to see you back again!

biancaaa said...

AH, i always think of maxi pads too!
I like maxi dresses though! I hope you find a nice one, you might have to hem it a bit because it might go past your feet, but I bet you can totally rock a maxi dress!

The Fancier said...

I totally agree with you. I'm 5'2 and I love the maxi-dress. It hides fat legs.
P.S. You could call it a patio dress. That's an acceptable substitute. I hate the word maxi-dress.

Danz said...

hahaha maxi pads. I can't say I've ever associated the two before but now that you mention it...

WendyB said...

Why not do a maxi? I'm 5'4". You just need one that fits well.

BlossomClothing said...

love that dress! the colours are nice :)
i love her big sunglasses too
your blog is cool :)
fancy swapping links?
email me or comment me back
thanks
love blossomclothingx

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw rachel bilson wearing one too, she's short too right? I'm only 5'3'' myself so I like how nicole makes me feel a little better about possibly wearing one. Now I'm going to be thinking maxi-pad.. hah

Anonymous said...

Love the Maxi´s and I´m your height:)) I have a collection of them and rock them like a Queen!! Big bag and shades as well!!!