Monday, May 12, 2008

WHAT THE FCUK?!

The fashion world is often described as crazy and unrealistic. Commonly known for eating disorders, haute couture, over-photo shopped pictures, risque ads and scandals, quite frankly I'm not surprised the average person perceives this as the industry's image. But while I don't mind not understanding what the inspiration behind John Galliano's designs for Dior Haute Couture, I know that the creation is crazy beautiful. Indeed it is crazy, but beautiful nonetheless. And honestly, I have no idea what Mary-Kate Olsen was thinking wearing that cheap cloth steering wheel cover on her head, but whatever, she can do almost anything and rock it right. And while I do agree with the label I don't agree with the reasoning behind it. What is crazy to me is 'celebrities' opening up their own 'fashion' line and the average consumer perceiving this as today's latest fashion, the hot trends if you will. Heidiwood, anyone? The sad thing is, I saw a girl I knew carrying a Heidiwood tote the Monday after it hit stores. I literally had to fight back my gag reflexes and when I asked her where her bag was from (even though I already knew) I barely mumbled the word "cute"...I didn't know what else to say because I didn't want to be rude. Luckily, she thought my remark was sincere and walked away with a smile. I stayed mum about the whole Heidiwood thing though, I didn't feel the need to address an issue that everyone had already covered, but when I found out Perez Hilton was coming out with his own line, I was simply flabbergasted. Enough is enough already. I'm tired of wanna-be celebrities cashing in at the check out register of Hot Topic (which is by the way, where Perez's line is to be sold). What's crazy to me is the fact that people actually want to buy items from their line; that's a hell of a lot more crazy then anything Mary-Kate has ever worn down the red-carpet.

6 comments:

Biianca said...

I read through your post, but it was long, so forgive me if you already mentioned this, I think the head band is from marc jacobs, but its just a fuzzy disaster, there was a photo of her in Us magazine, and 98% of people said they didnt like her head band, and I dont either.
haha.
Its even worse up close

ughh, and I am insanely annoyed that nearly every celeb has started there own fashion line. Ughhh, it makes everything seem un special.

AH, btw, its Bianca!
new blog.

Biianca said...

ah, there is this thing on tv right now, its the world junior figure skating champianships and its in Bulgaria.....is that the thing you went to??
I am just wondering. haha.

Biianca said...

haha, well, I told my team mate that I wanted to show her these photos and that they were on my blog, and my coach heard me. He said he had been on my blog before, I didnt beleive him....then DURING practice he went on the computer and started searching for it. I really really didnt want him to find it, as i had some personal things on there i would rather not share with my 38 year old male coach who has never seen me in more then a leotard and scrunchi.I am not ashamed of anything I posted on there, but I wanted something private. One of my team mates actually found it jsut by searching random things on google. so it was definatley possible that my coach could find it.

btw.....if you could re-link me....I would be happy!

Fashion Addict said...

great post and I'm a little sick of the celebrities making their own lines too.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA

-N

aQwRd-E said...

wow, this post is really really good, you got skillz about knowing what the public wants girly haha. Anyhow trév vrai on the whole Perez Hilton line. Positively disgusting and another reason to hate an already hated D lister. Shout out from a faithfull reader at www.aqwrd-e.blogspot.com