Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Quest For Inner Peace

My quest for peace is not like many others, it does not include endless hours of yoga, or reaching deep within my soul. Mine involves insane amount of time at various malls searching for the perfect tiny peace sign necklace. All to which resulted in many shopping bags, none which included the sacred peace sign necklace. I found many, some too large, others adorned with cheap rhinestones and there was that one that went down to my belly button. Needless to say none were just right, and I had almost given up hope. Today I went shopping with a friend and after putting up with the crowds of the half-year sale at Nordstrom I finally found a peace sign necklace that was the perfect size and as simple as ever. It was a chance encounter, laying on top a table by its lonesome, no brother and sister peace sign necklaces to be seen. I bought it and called it fate. In doing so, I broke a rule of mine. No cheap jewelry; it has never worked out for me. And the $6 price tag this necklace had certainly classified as the cheapness of cheap. But what else was I to do? I had been looking for a peace sign necklace like that for what seemed like forever. On the way home from this particular mall, I stopped at another. I needed to make a return at Urban Outfitters. I pull into a parking lot and happen to be lucky enough to find a prime parking spot right in front of Nordstrom. Wouldn't you know as soon as I walk in I am confronted with a table of gorgeous and petite necklaces that seem to be of decent quality. And like some act of twisted irony, I find the perfect little shiny silver peace sign necklace. I almost bought it, but I didn't because of the one I had waiting in the car. I returned home to ask my mom of her opinion, because as always mothers always have the right answer and know just what to do. Well, let's just say I need to to stop by Nordstrom and make a return and a purchase. I feel silly returning something that was only $6 but I plan to purchase the new one at the same time, hopefully the sales lady won't think I'm completely cookoo. Lesson learned, rules are rules for a reason. Follow them.

1 comment:

keira antoia rose said...

I love the necklace...dainty, but sooo pretty. I love your blog!
Visit mine at
www.tasteoffashionkar.blogspot.com
xoxo Isabella Clarisse xoxo