Monday, June 30, 2008

Handbag Diaries

For the past three or so years, I have been a hobo girl. (In handbag terminology of course) But somehow a Kate Spade Sam bag found its way into my little purse collection. I've never used it because I like slouchy bags, things that look so thrown together last minute but still somehow totally divine. But is Blair bringing back the rectangle? Perhaps there is still hope for poor little Sam sitting alone in the back of my closet.


On a sadder note, my tiny (almost non-existent) purse collection got even smaller on Wednesday night when some horrible person thought it was a good idea to steal a woven Michael Kors purse out my car. They stole other things as well; money, credit cards, make-up and 5 water bottles. (I know a major WTF? to the water bottles!) Interestingly enough, the same purse I had stolen was listed on Ebay two days after the fact. Location? None other then my little town but unfortunately, there is nothing the police can do because I have no way to identify it as my purse. It was in perfect new condition because I only used it for two hours. I hate people who rip off others. Boo them. So, this week I have set out to 'mark' all of my purses. Some place small on the inside, with a heart or a star or perhaps something more original. I have not yet made the final decision but am open to suggestions.

(Wow, didn't that totally read like the fine print on a contract or something..? "not yet made final decision but am open to suggestions" he said in the deepest voice imaginable)

7 comments:

Biianca said...

hahahah yeah, I usually like slouchy bags too, but I too have one small rectangular kate spade bag.
Awww, wow, I am so sorry about your purse, that is terrible!
draw............a sun or a moon!! hahaha I dunno.......anything will do!

Britt said...

I am in love with slouchy bags and hobos, and even oversized. I can never fit all of my stuff in a tiny bag anyway. I'm really sorry to hear about your bag, and you're right about the water! Wtf?! Maybe they were dehydrated. Idk. I'm new to blogging, so check mine out if you have a spare chance and don't mind.

http://tuesdaysconcoction.blogspot.com/

Gabby said...

That is terribly sad. Maybe the thief was dehydrated and as a result had impaired thinking, thus stealing your belongings and water bottles? Just a guess :]. As for your mark, what about your initials?

P.S. Check out my blog (a work in progress).
www.quirkyandcompany.blogspot.com

Gabby said...

I linked your blog! Now link mine!

Good Girl Gone Shopping said...

I'm so sorry! How dare someone!! I love slouchy purses too. Get this: my sister just gave me one of her really cute and rare Louis Vuitton bags, but believe it or not, I'm in love with my chocolate slouchy H&M bag. I love the non-structured look. But you're right, you never know what comes back and what you actually start to drool over, right?

EvaAmarri said...

Cha. Ur bag got stolen. So sorry

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been an avid reader of your blog for a while, so I was just dropping by and letting you know that you (and other bloggers) have been an inspiration to me and that I've started a blog myself. Since I really do adore your blog, I've added you to my blog roll.

Take care, Jen! Oh, and I can't wait until My Vintage Closet opens. :D