Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Will Finding A Penny Reverse The Effects Of A Mirror?

A few weeks ago I broke a mirror; it randomly fell over the dresser and in a loud manner. I shrugged it off, "That 7 years bad luck thing is just superficial superstition." But now, I'm not so sure. Purse stolen? Check. Someone running into the back of my car? Check. Actually, just a half-inch away from a double check because apparently just once isn't good enough. Week three? Why, week three is surely the week to fall on my head! So, while I'm nursing this headache I decided it was a good time to write a blog. I know, I know, I am such a dedicated blogger. (Actually readers, I'm sorry for my infrequency of posting, I promise to get back to my usual three to four posts a week soon, very soon.)So I am only on week three; 6 years 49 more weeks to go. Yikes! 7 years is veryveryvery long time to go with such bad luck, and practically an eternity in the fashion industry. I thought it would be interesting to time travel back to 2001 and see how the world has changed.






Ew, anyone remember belly baring midriffs? I know I tried to erase this from my memory too.



2001 was also the year Bjork attended the Academy Awards in a swan costume. I like swans.




Uhh...no comment?


Back when Pink still had pink hair.


The running shoes add a classy touch, don't 'ya think?



Fruit plastered clothing was the ultimate civilian fashion trend of 2001, you can bet I was all about it. My excuse? I was 10.


It will be interesting to see what we say in 7 years about 2008. Let's hope we aren't laughing as much as I am now, because really the whole 'I was 10' excuse doesn't really work when you're 17.

4 comments:

Britt said...

I am so sorry for your bad luck. Best wishes, and I hope it subsides!
That was a stroke of brilliance to post those pictures from 2001, back when Britney and the Backstreet Boys were considered style icons. Good job!

Biianca said...

awww, I am sorry about your bad luck!!!
I hope things turn around soon!
hahah WOW....fashion is such an odd thing, because in that moment you are thinking that this item or this thing isnt gonna go out....but then look back a few years later and you are greatful that those items have gone out and died.
And WOW
is that Brittany??
Hahaha how she has changed in the past 7 years.

Ashleigh said...

not diggin; the belly thing...I was when I was 10 and wanted to be like britney...haha

S (formerly of Modern-Guilt) said...

haha funny post, very enjoyable :D
Hope the bad luck has left you though!