Monday, July 28, 2008

My (Minty) Fresh Idea

A friend was generous enough to give me her old pair of Sevens. She had outgrown them and cut them into shorts...rather crookedly (and accidentally cut off the bottom of the pockets!)Even though they had a zig zag hem and I very possibly could loose a few marbles, I wasn't going to say no to a free pair of 7 for all Mankind. I'm may be critical but I'm not insane. Luckily she had made them longer shorts so there was more then plenty of room to re-cut, but not enough room for another mistake. I put the shorts on and was going to mark where I wanted them with a Sharpie but then I decided if I accidentally slipped I would have a big black mark across my butt and obviously that would not be good. With no fabric markers on hand, I decided that toothpaste was my next best option. (If you hadn't guessed already, I was using the bathroom mirror so the tube of Colgate was conveniently located to my left)While the toothpaste might not have been the most conventional choice, it worked out perfectly. It's a lot more sane then Elisa's 'spit marks' ala Project Runway -and a lot more sanitary, too!

2 comments:

keira antoia rose said...

Haha so resourceful of you. Good idea though. Sharpie may have been diastorous. Your very smart to know NEVER pass down a pair of sevens.


xoxo Isabella Clarisse xoxo
www.tasteoffashionkar.blogspot.com

Biianca said...

hahahah good idea!!!!
your shorts sound cool!
and I remember the spit mark from project runway!!