Thursday, January 17, 2008

F.F.F

Fun Fashion Fact

Did you know that cotton t-shirts started out as underwear carried home from France by “doughboys” after World War I, it was a statement of youthful rebellion after James Dean wore one in Rebel Without a Cause? T-shirts were then adopted as personal billboards in the 1960s – displaying allegiance to favorite causes, sentiments, clothing brands and brands of foods, etc. – worn by the young and old alike.

I must admit my favorite part is 'adopted as personal billboards' because nothing come be more true. Even I fall victim to this sometimes, I am a free billboard, actually not free, I paid to be a billboard. How pathetic!

But really, free advertisement aside, comfortable t-shirts are a staple in anyone's wardrobe. Many people, nowadays are buying American Apparel in bulk. Personally, I have not bought anything from A.A. (I know, *gasp*) so I can not recommend them but there must be something good about them besides the fact that they are cheap. My favorite t-shirts are by C&C California. Soft, cozy, and expensive but they are totally worth it.



I love my t-shirts and now I know I'm not just a fashion rebel but just a youth rebel following the lead of James Dean. Oh, I'll follow his lead him anytime.

(Okay, so he's dead but if he was alive today...)

5 comments:

Sarah Mendelsohn said...

james dean is beautiful!

Ash said...

it looks like he has a unibrow. o_0

The Stylish Wanderer said...

That is funny, I love the bilboard thing, which in a way is true.

Anonymous said...

is it just me or does james dean remind you of channing tatum?

Ana said...

hahah i love the end "okay so he;s dead but if he was alive today."